Thsi inn is set between the Adirondack Mountains and Lake Champlain to the west and the Green Mountains to the east. The historic Brandon Inn flanks the village green.
The Brandon Inn started out as a single story tavern built back in 1786 by Jacob Simonds. Since then the Inn has under gone many transformations. The Inn is now considered as a Dutch Colonial Style building listed with the National Register of Historic Buildings.
The Brandon Inn has quite a history, marked by over twenty different owners over the past two-hundred plus years. The Inn actually began as a one-story tavern opened by Jacob Simonds in 1786. In 1812, a man named Matthew Birchard bought the tavern and added a store onto the east side. He renamed the tavern Birchard's Tavern. In 1822, the tavern became The Brandon House when Drances June bought it and made alterations with the help of architect and builder Colonel David Warren.
The Inn, Brandon VT
Good Hotels USA Good Hotels USA
Good Hotels Vermont Good Hotels Vermont